Android Data Recovery
Way to Stream and Record VR Experience
- Part 1. How to Stream VR Experience from Phone to TV?
- Part 2. What to Do When It Fails to Stream?
- Part 3. How to Record Virtual Reality Experience?
The Chromecast is a puck-like portable device, providing users with a simple way to cast their favorite content from computer/phone to the big screen of television in the living room. Using apps on your phone/computer to hand off, or cast content to the Chromecast. Then, the information it receives will be displayed right on the TV screen. You can share any content with friends and family members. Now, let's see how to use it to stream VR experience.
1. Plug Chromecast into your TV
2. Connect your Samsung device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
3. Run the Chromecast app on your Samsung device.
4. Tap on the menu and go to "Cast Screen", and wait until it connects.
5. Open the Oculus app on your phone
6. Plug your Samsung phone into the Samsung Gear VR
That's all it takes. However, sometimes things don't go so smoothly. There may be some trouble connecting, so you may try the following solution if it really takes place.
2. Navigate to "About" option.
3. Tap on 5 times on the "Build Number" to unlock the developer options.
4. Return to the previous menu.
5. Click on "developers options".
6. Select "Simulate Secondary Displays"
7. Choose 720 x 480 mdpi(secure). Then, a small window will be activate.
Now, you will be able to stream to Chromecast. You can turn off "developer dptions" when done streaming to TV.
1. A HDMI Splitter
2. A HDMI Capture Card
3. Google Chromecast
High Quality Solution:
1. Split the HDMI into 2 outputs using the HDMI splitter.
2. Plug one HDMI output into your TV.
3. Plug another HDMI output into your HDMI capture card.
4. Perform the Chromecast menu and go to "Cast Screen"
5. Start recording on your HDMI capture device.
This solution can keep high quality of the things you want to record, and of course it takes more time to finish recording. Alternatively, there is another way to record your virtual reality experience in lower quality but at high rate. By the way, you will need a computer rather than a TV. Check it out.
Low Quality Solution:
1. Ensure that both Samsung phone and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
2. Download MirrorOp on your phone and computer.
3. Run MirroOp and Screenflow(Mac)/Camtasia(Win) on your computer.
4. Start your Samsung Gear VR and get recorded.
Stream or record, you can choose one way that you prefer to share your VR experiences. Though if I were you, streaming must be my only choice. If it only needs one hardware to address the problem, why would I choose to make it three? I would rather spend the rest of the money purchasing more awesome VR games. However, it's totally up to you.