Android Data Recovery
How to Boot Android Phone into Recovery Mode
-- Friday, July 07, 2017
People also read:
So, how to get into Android recovery mode? For new Android users, it may be a troublesome problem facing them. Don't panic, here we provide an easy guide showing you how to make it without any difficulty.
Part 1. Boot into Recovery Mode on your Android DeviceGetting into Recovery Mode on Android smartphones from different brands might be slightly different. In the following article, we will take several popular brands of Android devices and show you how to enter the Recovery Mode in detail.
Section 1 Boot Samsung Galaxy into Recovery Mode
a For Galaxy S8/S7/S6/S5 or other Samsung devices, you should firstly turn the phone off by holding down the Power key and select "Power off" option.
Then keep pressing and holding Power Key, Volume+ and Home button at the same time until you see the Samsung logo. Now, you can select the recovery mode option by using the Volume keys to highlight and the Power key to confirm.
Section 2 Get into Recovery Mode on LG
For the LG G6, G5, G4, V10, V20 and other LG phones, you can get it into recovery mode by following the guide below:
1. To start with, get your LG power off.
2. Press and hold the Power key and Volume- button simultaneously.
3. When the LG logo appears, release the keys. Then, immediately press the Power and Volume- button again until the Hard Reset menu displays.
4. Once the menu showed, use Volume keys to highlight an option and press Power button to confirm hard reset. Now, your LG is in the Recovery Mode.
Section 3 Enter Recovery Mode on HTC
1. Go to "Settings > Battery" on your HTC and uncheck the option that says FASTBOOT.
2. Power off the smartphone and wait for about 5 seconds until it completely switches off.
3. Then, press and hold Volume- button and press the Power key.
4. When you can see the new menu appears on the screen, release the keys. Use the Volume down button to navigate to the options in Bootloader Mode, and confirm "Recovery" option with Power button. In this way, you can get into Recovery Mode.
Section 4 Enter Recovery Mode on Google Nexus
1. If your smartphone is on, turn it off.
2. Press and hold the Volume- and Power key buttons, and you'll see the word "Start" at the top of the screen.
3. Press the Volume- button twice to highlight "Recovery". Press the Power button to start Recovery mode.
4. The white Google logo will pop up. Please continue to press and hold the Power key and the Volume up key for around three seconds, and then let go of the Volume up key, but keep pressing Power.
5. Use the Volume keys to highlight the options and the Power key to select the one you want.
Note: Different Android devices have different key combines to enter bootloader or fastboot mode. Generally, holding "Volume down" key/"Volume up" key and "Power" key together works for most Android phones. If it doesn't help, you may need to search for other methods in Google.
Part 2. Fix Recovery Mode and Get Back FilesAs the guide presents above, you can get your Android phone into recovery mode or download mode manually. However, would this mode steal your phone data? It may not be certain but if you cannot gain your files on device, it is possible to retrieve them even though you meet with Recovery Mode or Download Mode with Android Photo Recovery.
Step 1 Launch this program on the computer and run it. Select "Broken Android Data Extraction" option in the left column. Then, connect your phone to computer via the USB cable to move on.
Step 2 Confirm the situation and please click on the "Start" button on the interface. Now you need to choose device name and model of your phone.
Note: If you have no ideas where to find the device name and model and you are not allowed to access your phone for the info, you can open the battery to view the model.
Step 3 As the computer can successfully recognize the device, the program would help you analyze your cellphone and recover the device with recovery package until it goes to the end.
Step 4 You are permitted to check the scanned results one by one and select some files to recover if you press "Recover" button and save them in certain folder. After that, this program would offer hands to exit this mode practically.
Hope this helps you in booting your Android device into recovery mode. You will find it is pretty convenient to back up or reset your system in this way. Surely, if you still have some problems in doing this, please send us emails or comment in the box below. We appreciate your suggestions as well.