Android Data Recovery
How to Access iPhone When Forgetting Lock Screen Password
-- Wednesday, August 30, 2017
People also read:
In this article, you will learn how to unlock iPhone and restore all deleted files on iPhone with the powerful recovery tool-iPhone Data Recovery, which helps to fix system issues and restore lost data. Now read on and see how to get past that locked screen and access your iPhone.
Note: You might be required to erase your device and delete all of the data and settings by using the method below. So make sure that you’ve made backup before you forgot iPhone password, otherwise your device data will be erased for good.
- Method 1: Restore iPhone with iTunes
- Method 2: Erase and Restore iPhone with iCloud
- Method 3: Put iPhone into Recovery Mode
- Method 4: Remove iPhone Lock Screen Password with Removal Tool
Method 1: Restore iPhone with iTunes1. Make sure that you are using the latest version of iTunes.
2. Connect iPhone to the computer you synced with iTunes, and then select your iPhone when it appears in iTunes.
3. Click on Restore iPhone in the Summary panel.
4. A pop-up messages will appear and ask you to confirm your action, click on Restore. Then iTunes will download the device software file and restore your device automatically.
Method 2: Erase and Restore iPhone with iCloud1. Make sure that Find My iPhone is enabled on your device and it is connected to Wi-Fi. Now go to www.icloud.com on computer, and then sign into iCloud with your Apple ID and password.
2. Then click on Find My iPhone from the main interface > Select All Devices at top > Choose the device you want to erase > Click on Erase iPhone. After that, your device will be erased and you can either set up the iPhone as new or restore it from a backup.
Method 3: Put iPhone into Recovery Mode1. Open iTunes on computer. Follow the steps to put iPhone in recovery mode:
2. Turn off your device. And then connect iPhone to computer via the USB cable.
3. Now press and hold the Home button until you see the iTunes logo (recover mode screen) pop up on your iPhone screen.
4. If your device is connected to iTunes, you will see a pop-up message appear on iTunes asking you to choose to Restore or Update as below. Select Restore.
5. After that, iTunes will start downloading software for your device. When it’s done, you can set up and use your device.
Method 4: Remove iPhone Lock Screen Password with Removal ToolWhen you forget iPhone passcode, you can also try to unlock iPhone lock screen password with a reliable removal tool- iOS System Recovery, which helps you easily remove the lock screen without any hurdle. Now, please follow the guide below to unlock iPhone.
Note: If you want to use this method to bypass iPhone passcode, you should have backed up your iPhone before as it will erase all of your files. If you don’t get a backup copy, you can try to backup iPhone with iTunes before you take any action(only works for the case that your iPhone has ever been connected to your PC as it requires you to do something on your iPhone if it is the first time to connect to this PC).
Step 1 Download and Install iOS System Recovery
Please firstly download and install iOS System Recovery program on your computer and then launch it. Now, head to "More tools > iOS System Recovery" option. Then please connect iPhone to PC using USB cable.
Step 2 Put iPhone into DFU Mode
Just choose "Advanced mode" on the interface and follow the instruction on screen to put your iPhone into DFU mode.
Step 3 Confirm Phone Info
Now, please check and confirm your Phone information displayed on the interface. If it turns out to be correct, you can click on the "Repair" button and the program would start to download the firmware package.
Step 4 Unlock iPhone Screen Lock
Please wait the repairing process to the end. Then your iPhone would be back to normal state and the screen lock would be removed as well.
Step 5 Retrieve iPhone Data
To retrieve data from iTunes backup, you just need to launch the program and select "Recover from iTunes Backup File" mode. Connect iPhone to the computer via USB cable and tap "Trust" on the phone screen to build the connection. The software will start loading data from iTunes Backup. When it is done, select the data you want and hit the "Recover" button to save the data back to your iPhone.
If having no iTunes backup, iCloud backup is your another choice. To see more details, you can head to this page: How to Restore iPhone from Backup
We’ve provided with four methods that allows you to regain use of your device without unlocking the passcode. No matter which method you would use, there is risk that you might get all your device data lost. So iPhone backup is of great importance during the process. After resetting your device, you can restore iPhone with iTunes/iCloud backup as the method 4 shows.